- Email : Add up to 10 business and/or personal email accounts easily and configure each one individually. Click on email settings icon from your handset to configure your email accounts.
- Organizer : Update your Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Memo pads, personalize them and get alerts.
- Phone : With MTNL, enjoy the best Cellular service and stay in touch with your near and dear.
- SMS : Enjoy your regular Short Message Service with more typing comfort through enhanced keyboard.
- Web browsing : Browse and surf the internet while on the go.
- Instant Messaging : Stay in touch with your Yahoo™ messenger or GTalk™ buddies also try BlackBerry™ messenger with your smartphone
- Social Networking : Don't leave behind your Social Network on Orkut™ or Facebook™ etc, by Logged In 24x7.
- Attachment viewing : Check widely used attachment formats such as JPEG, BMP, TIFF, Microsoft™ Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF etc.
- Robust partners and solution ecosystem – Applications : as Sky has no limits so as our applications. With continuous R&D new applications are keep on adding in the list, so stay updated.
BlackBerry ® Bold™ 9000
BlackBerry ® Curve™ 8310
BlackBerry ® 8700G
Payment on installments:( for Corporate customers and MTNL/BSNL staff only)
MTNL offer Blackberry handsets on 12 equal monthly installments to the Corporate customers. There will be no processing fee charged.
Now get One Blackberry Handset* Free on Bulk Purchase of ten Handsets: (for Corporate customers and MTNL/BSNL staff only)
BlackBerry Handsets are available only at MTNL BKC Telephone Exchange, CST Road, Kurla (W), Mumbai 400 098.
Blackberry Services for Prepaid
|Plan||BIS Lite||BIS Lite (Trail)||BIS Unlimited 2G^|
|MRP||Rs. 251/-||Rs. 150/-||Rs. 399/-|
|Validity||30 days||15 days||30 days|
|Activation Procedure||SMS ACT BB 251 to 444*||
SMS ACT BB 150 to 444
SMS ACT BB 399 to 444*
|Features||Email (POP/IMAP) Access||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Internet Browsing (MTNL WAP)||2p/10kb||2p/10kb||2p/10kb|
^ Downlink speed up to 384 Kbps.
# from a third-party web site
- The customer must have sufficient balance to avail the facility. Outgoing SMS for activation will not be charged. The SMS must be sent from the BlackBerry handset only
- BIS plan will be activated within 6 hours. The customer will receive SMS confirming the same
- *Auto-renewal: If the customer does not deactivate the service before expiry, then the BB plan will be automatically renewed. The service will be automatically deactivated in case of insufficient balance
- Deactivation: For deactivation SMS DACT BB to 444.
- Instant messengers include Yahoo messenger, Google talk and Windows live messenger.
- Social networking includes Facebook, Twitter & MySpace.
- The free usage does not include usage of certain applications like YouTube, video/ music streaming, tickers on HTML sites, handset applications and MMS which uses mtnl.net as access point and will be charged @ 2p/10KB.
- If the handset has applications which auto refresh /update by connecting through the WAP gateway, you will be charged 2p/10KB. The settings for these applications are pre defined on the handset by the manufacturer.
- Any video streaming application or real time application like weather/stock/ news updates on your handset may also use mtnl.net to connect.
- International Roaming charges extra as applicable.
Blackberry Services for Postpaid
|FMC||BB Email Services||BB Instant Messaging||Free Data Download||Data Charges Beyond Free Usage|
Blackberry 3G Unlimited
Blackberry 2G Unlimited
BIS 499 2G Plan
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is MTNL Blackberry Service?
MTNL BlackBerry Service is a secure wireless solution for mobile professionals to connect with people and
information while on the go. It provides user with wireless access to a full suite of business applications like email, phone , SMS, MMS, browser, organizer, instant messenger, social networking and more, all this on single
2. How to subscribe MTNL BlackBerry Service?
You can subscribe for prepaid Blackberry plans through SMS. For postpaid Blackberry plans call MTNL Customer
3. How is MTNL BlackBerry Service different from the other solutions?
BlackBerry Service is based on Push Mail technology. Your emails are pushed automatically to your BlackBerry
Smartphone as soon as it reaches your mail server. Thus, no need of browsing or downloading to access mails.
4. Do I need another SIM to use a BlackBerry Smartphone?
No. You may subscribe for this service using your existing MTNL SIM or USIM card.
5. What are the prerequisite to get MTNL BlackBerry service?
Just a MTNL Postpaid or Prepaid Number and a BlackBerry Smartphone.
6. Can I purchase BlackBerry Smartphone from Market and which BlackBerry Smartphone does MTNL
Yes, you can purchase any 'Network-unlocked' BlackBerry Smartphone from Market also, however MTNL is
offering following Smartphone at very economical rates: "BlackBerry 8700g", "BlackBerry Curve 8310 (GPS) &
"BlackBerry Bold 9000 (3G)"
7. Does this service work on BlackBerry compatible connect devices?
Yes, it will work.
8. Does this service work on unlocked BlackBerry Smart phone?
Yes, it will work.
9. I have recently switched to MTNL network. Earlier I was taking Black Berry services from a different
telecom service provider. What should I do?
If you were using your Black Berry device with some other service provider previously, you need to
deactivate/deregister your Black berry services from that operator. Then only you should register for Black Berry
services of MTNL.
10. Will there be separate charges for accessing emails or chatting through Blackberry Smart phone?
No, you will be charged as per your selected BlackBerry data plan.
11. What types of email accounts are supported?
MTNL BlackBerry Service supports the following email accounts: "Bol Mail / Gmail / MSN / Hotmail / Yahoo /Rediff
/POP3 / IMAP4 / Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Domino mail account"
12. I have trouble in the Email setup. What to do ?
Try to setup email from handset itself i.e. from the home screen of the blackberry smartphone by clicking Email
Settings/Setup. If that is not helping then visit http://mtnl.blackberry.com.
13. I have switched to a new Black Berry model. Do I need to validate email again?
Yes, whenever a customer switches from one Black Berry model to another, he/she needs to validate email
14. Can we integrate personal as well as business mails together with Blackberry Service?
Yes. Internet based Mail accounts like Bol Mail, Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo etc as well as your personal POP3 / Internet Service Provider (ISP) email accounts can be integrated with BlackBerry Service.
15. Do we get a new Blackberry email address for Blackberry Internet Service [BIS]?
16. What is difference between Blackberry Internet Service [BIS] &Blackberry Enterprise Server [BES]?
BlackBerry Enterprise Server [BES] requires setup and maintenance of a BlackBerry Enterprise Server to manage
the link between BlackBerry Smart phone& Corporate Mail Server, whereas BlackBerry Internet Service [BIS]
provides access to emails upon a simple setup over the internet.
17. Can both Enterprise Service [BES] and Internet Service [BIS], be used on the same BlackBerry Smart
18. What is PIN and where can I find the PIN for my Blackberry Smartphone?
You can find your PIN on either of the following locations on your Smart phone: "On the Home screen, go to
Options - Status" "On the sticker of your BlackBerry Smart phone box" "Under the battery cover"
19. Is the message delivery real-time?
Yes. Once an email reaches the inbox of your mail server, a message notification will be delivered to your
BlackBerry Smartphone immediately.
20. What in case if my Blackberry Smartphone is lost or stolen?
Contact MTNL Customer Care 1503
21. Will I get Blackberry service while in roaming also?
Yes. This service is supported by GPRS roaming partners in India as well as across the globe.
22. Can Auto-signatures be set for mails sent from BlackBerry Smartphone?
Yes. You can set auto-signature for individual email accounts configured with BlackBerry Internet Service.
23. Can Auto-Reply be set for mails configured with BlackBerry Internet Service?
Yes. You can set Out-of-Office replies for individual email accounts configured with BlackBerry Internet Service.
24. What kind of attachment formats are supported?
Following attachment types are supported: "Microsoft Word / Excel / PowerPoint / PDF / JPEG / BMP / TIFF"
For device features / troubleshooting visit http://in.blackberry.com
You can also call our customer care at 1503 for further details.