Our Anti-Spam Policy
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited Mumbai ANTI-SPAM POLICY The Email users having Email Id in the domain "@mtnl.net.in" are hereby notified that they can use our Email services as long as they abide by the MTNL Mumbai -Terms and Conditions mentioned in this Anti Spam Policy.
The Email account of the MTNL Mumbai Email users is based on / associated with the following types of Internet Access systems / products / services offered by MTNL Mumbai
1. Internet Dial up services prepaid / postpaid – PSTN and ISDN
2. ADSL Broadband – Triband
3. Internet Leased Line
The use of MTNL Services in any manner associated with the transmission, distribution or delivery of any unsolicited bulk or unsolicited commercial e-mail shall constitute ("Spam").You shall not use any of the MTNL services to send Spam. You also shall not deliver Spam or cause Spam to be delivered on the MTNL Mumbai network.
In addition, e-mail sent, or caused to be sent, to or through the MTNL Mumbai network shall not:
- use or contain invalid or forged headers;
- use or contain invalid or non-existent domain names;
- employ any technique to otherwise misrepresent, hide or obscure any
- information in identifying the point of origin or the transmission path;
- use other means of deceptive addressing;
- use a third party's internet domain name, or be relayed from or through a third party's equipment, without permission of the third party;
- contain false or misleading information in the subject line or otherwise
- contain false or misleading content;
- fail to comply with additional technical standards described below;
- Manipulate identifiers, such as email headers, to disguise the origin of any content transmitted to or through MTNL computer systems.
- Use MTNL's computer systems to facilitate the transmission of unsolicited or unauthorized material. This includes any promotional materials, URLs,"junk mail," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of unauthorized solicitation that you may upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available.
- Use "robots" or otherwise harvesting other's email addresses from the MTNL's site for purposes of sending unsolicited or unauthorized material.
- Upload, post, email, or transmit the same message, URL, or post multiple times.
- Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or cause the screen to "scroll" faster than other users of the service are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real-time exchanges.
- Send an email message to 40 or more recipients at one go
- otherwise violate MTNL's Terms and Conditions.
Certain MTNL services may have additional spam guidelines explaining appropriate conduct for those services. Those additional policies are incorporated by reference into this MTNL Mumbai's Spam Policy. It is the user's responsibility to check each property's guidelines for additional details regarding spam.
Violations of our Terms and Conditions of Service or this Spam Policy may result in legal action against you and the termination, without notice, of your MTNL ID and/or anything associated with it, including, but not limited to, email accounts, Internet service usage, clubs, posts, home pages, and profiles, content access. Nothing in this policy is intended to grant any right to transmit email to or through MTNL's computer systems. MTNL does not waive any rights by the failure to enforce this policy in every instance in which it might apply.
MTNL does not authorize the harvesting, mining or collection of e-mail addresses or other information from or through its Services. MTNL does not permit or authorize others to use its Services to collect, compile or obtain any information about its customers or subscribers, including but not limited to subscriber e-mail addresses, which are MTNL's confidential and proprietary information. Use of the MTNL Services is also subject to this Policy and MTNL's Terms and Conditions of Service.
MTNL does not permit or authorize any attempt to use its Services in a manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair any aspect of any of its Services, or that could interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of any MTNL Service.
If MTNL believes that unauthorized or improper use is being made of any of its Service, it may, without notice, take such action as it, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate, including blocking messages from a particular internet domain, mail server or IP address. MTNL may immediately terminate any account which it determines, in its sole discretion, is transmitting or is otherwise connected with any e-mail that violates this policy.
Nothing in this policy is intended to grant any right to transmit or send e-mail to, or through, the MTNL Services. Failure to enforce this policy in every instance does not amount to a waiver of MTNL's rights.
Unauthorized use of the MTNL Services in connection with the transmission of unsolicited e-mail, including the transmission of e-mail in violation of this policy, may result in civil, criminal, or administrative penalties against the sender and those assisting the sender.